How to link WITHING you page

Predjee

Hi gents,

I hope i can explain my problem so everyone will understand what i am trying to do.

English is not my native langauge, so sorry for any mistakes.

I have created beneath my Navigation bar, an body, witch contains 3 div's inside. These 3 divs contain text and images.

Now when someone clicks a link in my nav bar, i want the text and images to be replaced by other text and images, but nothing else !

Not a page reload or anything, everything should remain static, instead of the text and images in those 3 divs.

How can i create such a thing ? I am a beginner with CSS, so all pointers are welcome !

Best regards,

Jan Dijkstra

bcee

Use Javascript with CSS to replace the content.

For example, create all the HTML on the page and have the parts you want to change on click hidden. Using a JS callback change the content with the already created HTML.

If you need further explanation I can set up a demo.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member

For example, create all the HTML on the page and have the parts you want to change on click hidden. Using a JS callback change the content with the already created HTML.

This is great advice, and is exactly how I would do it. The javascript would be minimal as you are not trying to do anything too demanding. JQuery has some great animation effects you could use also, just to give it that extra touch. For example, take a look at our home page smartertools.com, that has a slideshow controlled by the three blocks. All that content is on the page, except only certain sections are displayed at one time.

Last edited:

zhoom

This looks good but I'm quite confuse of how to execute this. Can you please give some codes or sample?