How to get Horizontal Spry Menu Bar to work properly.

neptune1

Hi all,

I created my website with Dreamweaver CS3. It is a 3 columns layout. I have inserted a Horizontal Spry Menu bar into the left column. However it does not allow the sub menus to to horizontal. I am not sure why but I know I have the spry menu bar within a Repeat region also. All I am after is to get the sub menus to go out to the right horizontally instead of what they do now which is vertical.

Here is my website address. wwwDOTselfdefenseproshopDOTcom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chrishirst

Staff member
Id really suggest throwing away your copy of Dreamweaver and learning how to code.

The menu isn't structured in a way that it can work as a drop down/flyout/accordion or any other kind of collapsable system.

neptune1

Ok well thanks for your post and all your help, that was really great!

Perhaps I don't want to learn how to code? I'm not a programmer and don't really care to be.

neptune1

Because I came here looking for friendly help and advice, not to be told to throw away a 300 Dollar copy of Software which I cannot afford to do, and to take up a career in Software Coding.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its nothing to do with software coding. at all.
you are however making a WEBSITE, so it is always wise to learn WEBSITE coding.

you dont need to "throw it out" per se, but dont rely on it to do the work for you. thats why you are getting stuck, and cant work out the solution.

with an attitude to not caring or wanting to care about learning to code, at least to a basic level, so you can actually understand whats going on. You're not going to get much help.

neptune1

I understand what you are saying 100%. But that first response was not even helpful in anyway but to say "I'd throw away your copy of DW and learn coding? None of which was helpful, at least guide a person in the right direction.

Did I ever say I didn't know some coding or didn't really want to learn it in my post? nope just said I needed help. I like html stuff but seriously whats with that first persons attitude?

Its comparable for example, if I knew how to build a house, and a friend asked me...hey, can you help me cut this 2x4? I don't know the best saw to use can you help me? and my response is: "Well you better just throw out your saw and tools and first learn how to build a house". I mean come on...seriously...just looking for some help here...

This is almost comical...

chrishirst

Staff member
Man, to be honest throwing away DW and getting out of the VERY bad habit of thinking it will make things easier is THE best advice anyone could give you.

DW in the control of someone who knows how to code is a powerful tool.

In the hands of a newbie it is a recipe for disaster.

There is an old adage that goes

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think; and a fool something to stick in his mouth"

Having a copy of Dreamweaver does NOT make you a designer or a developer, because when it screws up, as it often does you are HERE!