How to allow user to add site content???

adamdalton

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project for an estate agent who wants to set up an online portfolio of properties.

The site will be simple, just a display gallery with images and text, so what would be the best way to set it up so that he could add properties to the site on a daily basis?

Thanks very much,

Adam Dalton

There are many web platforms that allow you to create your own pages. These are calle

There are many web platforms that allow you to create your own pages. These are called CMS solutions; (Content Management System). If you own a website that you can not update and control in any way then you have a dead end website. You need a website that allows you to make changes to your pages as well as create new pages in your website.

This is exactly what a CMS platform allows you to do; you can login through a back en administration and then you will be able to access your pages in order to make updates. You will also be able to create new pages and assign a heading to it as well as to add the new page to the navigation of your website.

Now, the question in hand is how to get a content management system website for you. There are 2 options; the first one would be to have a programmer build one for you, a custom designed application that will allow you to create and add new pages to your website. This is a great idea, however you need to consider two factors; the cost will be considerable high, then if you do not k now a bit about CMS applications and the features that come with them then you might end up short. The programmer will obviously build a content management driven website for you and you will be able to create your own pages, but that is about all you will do with your application.

The second option seams a better idea especially if you are new to this platform; OPEN SOURCE CMS APPLICATIONS! This is a great alternative because to start with you do not need to spend a penny. Open source applications are free and you can download it for free at no cost, In addition to this you can have a programmer make some changes to the application which will cost you a whole lot less than if you have it designed from scratch.

With this idea not only will you be able to create your own pages, but also add galleries, calendars, chat rooms and many features that come packed in an open source content management system.

http://www.designedbylucas.com

Last edited by a moderator:

wachtn

Check out Zen-Cart
Its a free, open-source, online store script that is fully customizable. If you are looking for a simple content manager and are not looking for a real complex type site, this script might just work for you.

It really is a wonder. I under estimated it the first time I looked at it. That mistake cost me 2 weeks of work in dream weaver. Thankfully I was able to correct my mistake less than 1 week (while learning the program) with Zen-Cart.

moto4life14

If what you want is something simple i would try CushyCMS it is very simple and free so you can test it and see if it will do what you want. Its not really a CMS but it will allow whoever you sell the website to to be able to update the page in minutes.

http://www.cushycms.com

Moto:D