How should I go about doing this...

wheelie

Hey, Not sure if I am in the right place...

I have loads of photos and video footage of my late Gran's house and want to put it all together, either to on DVD player or pc. Thinking PC would be better and more suited.

What I am thinking is have a front page with a menu, walkthrough, videos, text buttons.

For the walkthrough, before she passed away and the house was sold etc I took literally hundreds of photos of every possible angle of the house and contents. This place has a lot of meaning for several reasons and I tok these photos with the walkthrough idea in mind. Didn't do video as i thought this way you could look at a photo for as long as you wanted.

So have one photo with arrows at top bottom sides etc to turn, walk forward etc. Also have hotposts on some photos to zoom in etc. Thinking like in highslide I think it is called in websites.

Videos, just have a menu of the different videos to watch.

Wasn't sure if I should do this in HTML with frames, tables or css (which I only partially grasp) or use some sort of tutorial like builder.

Idea's???

anthony.alaan

You could have 3 html files, one main page, one photos page, and one videos page. The main page could have a simple explanation of the purpose of your site with maybe a picture of your grandmother, the photos page could probably just use a header with a nice black background and then the photos in a table (I think tables are becoming obsolete so maybe you can find out how to do it with divs), and then your videos page can just be embedded youtube videos where you host your videos that you created. It's a very simple concept that will probably turn out great if you put the effort into it.

wheelie

Thanx for the reply.

I should have said, this is not too actually go online. This is purely for family to put onto CD / DVD and mail around to family memebers to then either use on their pc or on their DVD player. Was thinking that if done as a webiste the video's may take way too long to load. But I guess if they are stored on the DVD and not online it should be ok.....

anthony.alaan

If you have a dvd burner you could create a movie using the photos and existing videos. Just use something like windows movie maker to put everything together and then burn the movie to dvds. Also when you render the video, if it isn't too big, you could send it to anyone online by email.

wheelie

Cool. But the idea of the photos is not to make a slideshow but to have an interactive experience that lets you choose which photo comes next according to the direction you want to walk through the house. So it has the feeling of actually walking through....