How self loathing of my graphic design skills?

Steadam2011

I've been doing graphic design for about 2 or 3 year already.
However, I tend to compare myself to other designers and I tend to hate myself for having the lousier design.

I follow tutorials and such, however I feel like I'm not improving at all and I'm just wasting my time.
But I like doing graphic designs and I want to be a professional one day.

How can I overcome this and become more comfortable about myself?

Business Cards

If you continue to focus on comparing yourself to others, you're going to be very dissatisfied with your own work. One way I learn is to submit my work to various design forums with links to my work. That way others will help you improve you design for free. It's a great way to collaborate with others and you'll be a better designer for it!

noelagnote

Stop comparing yourself to others that's the only advice that I can give you instead make their works as an inspiration. (But never copy others work).

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
However, I tend to compare myself to other designers and I tend to hate myself for having the lousier design.
dont

I follow tutorials and such, however I feel like I'm not improving at all and I'm just wasting my time.
personally I think they are a waste of time. go with your gut... and your eye.

che09

However, I tend to compare myself to other designers

Never compare yourself to others. There are things that they can do and you can't,and there are things that you can do that others can't.

How can I overcome this and become more comfortable about myself?

Have enough self confidence! If you keep on downing your self,you'll always end up hating your works!

helloworld

If you ever find yourself completely 100% happy with your work as a web designer, where you don't see even 1 thing you can improve upon for next time.. quit.
Every single thing I do is better than the last one I did and I find that, in itself, quite rewarding.