How much would a site like this cost ?

Blindsided

Hi

I am looking to get a website made for my company but have no idea what kind of prices i should be looking at. I know very little about web design but my partner came up with a very basic design using the website squarespace which lets clueless people like us put together a quick and simple design. We have used this to create what we want the site to look like in terms of design/pages etc.

However we don't want to use squarespace we are simply using it to make an example of what we want our site to look like.

We just want someone to design what we have made in squarespace (its very basic) and then hand over the designed site so we can upload it via ftp to the domain we have already registered.

Here is the design we came up with, we want it to look as close as possible to this

http://altairmusic.squarespace.com/

I've been told its all pretty basic to recreate, with maybe the exception of the portfolio page.

The site also needs to be easily updatable for relative noobs like ourselves, ie we can easily alter the text in the various sections.

So with all this in mind how much do people think we would be looking at spending and is there anyone here who would be willing to do it, if so what would a realistic price be ?

Patrick

Some web development companies offer flat fee pricing, some charge by the hour and others offer project pricing for websites. For new websites, WebDuck Designs charges clients on a project basis. This means that upon speaking to a client about a website we take note of all the specifics involved in their new website like: functionality, design and programming. By determining a project price based on the website specifics, it allows us to give clients the best possible price on their website.
Without knowing the details of a website project it is impossible to say how much a website costs. This is because not every website is the same. Some websites require more functionality, thus requiring more work than others and costing more. So be weary of website design companies that give you a website price upfront without knowing exactly what it is you want. If a website development company doesn’t know specifics about your new website than how can they tell you how much it is going to cost because they have no idea how much time it will take to complete your website. To determine the price of a website WebDuck Designs takes into account all of the variables discussed below. The first component taken into account when pricing a new website is the Design. This doesn’t mean how your website will look as far as colors, fonts, images etc. but how many pages your website will have, what is involved in your website’s navigation and is any animation needed. Does your website need 10 pages or 100? The more pages your website needs the more your website will cost. This is because the pages are constructed individually thus requiring more work for the web design company. Does your website’s navigation require special programming? A simple navigation does not cost extra, but if your new website requires drop down menus, rollovers and other extra programming, your website might cost more money.

LouTheDesigner

I would charge $200 for that site. It's a very simple/static site with no need for special features.

As for pricing options, here's what I do:

If it's an enormous site, I generally charge $50 - $75 per hour, depending on what type of functionality they need. 95% of clients ask for me to put a cap on the estimates though, so that they know I don't have my hours bubbling out of control (which they never do).

If it's a static site with just a few pages, then I'll usually charge $150 for the initial design and $100 for each page. This takes care of the fixed priced price option.

The site that you posted shouldn't require more than a day of work though.

Everybody is going to try to get a deal out of you. They'll always claim that their budget is much lower than it actually is. One company wanted a site done, and I asked for $50 per hour and estimated 20 hours ($1,000). They said it was too much and said that they were going to find someone else. I said "fine, no problem." They called me back 4 days later and said they'll do the $1,000 estimate.

-Lou

aracaris

Now that the link is working for me, yeah, since you aren't asking for a site to created from the ground up, just something relatively simple recreated, I wouldn't think it would end up costing all that much, though prices really do very pretty widely from one freelancer/design firm, to the next. I think what others have all ready quoted here is pretty reasonable.

Last edited:

saranya

Hi , I have gone through your website.

It's bit simple & neat, but still we can make it little more attractive.

I would charge $210 as per our company's standard for designing this website.

Let me know your feedback.

Regards
Raichel
www.logicshore.com

craftygeek

One comment...if you're calling yourself a world class studio, you may want the website to reflect this a little more. What you have there is presentable & tidy, but it is quite basic.....something to consider when looking at prices - the cheapest will often be the simplest, & will also have little search engine optimisation included which is important if you want your website to be found on the internet.

You also mention that you want it to be easy to edit...the cheapest offers won't have an editor included either - I think some of the others above may have missed this.

I'm not going to pimp my prices or services here as I don't think its professional to do so...all I would say is, get a range of quotes from companies - look at the spread of prices & go for one of the middle ones.

johns123

Generally simple sites are designed by clients requirements so it should be designed at range of 10 to 500 $ but remember this is just an approximation and for more in you can contact to "speed limit studios" based in new york company..