How much to charge for a logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by AK Web Design, Jan 13, 2011.

to remove all ads.
  1. AK Web Design

AK Web Design New Member

I have a client requesting to turn their drawing into a website logo. The person is not the best artist so the drawing is less than perfect. They want it done in 2 months (to me, sounds like a very long time for a logo).

How much would you guys charge for this?

2. Mug

Mug New Member

If you are tracing a scanned image, correcting some of the lines and colouring it in, it shouldn't really take much more than an hour. So what ever your studio rate for an hour is. They have done most of the hard work for you so you don't have to create multiple versions. I would say at max £100.

3. yellowww

yellowww New Member

If you have to just turn their drawing into a digital format then charge them per hour.

4. reverseengineer

reverseengineer New Member

Charge them by the hour, if its a fixed rate, start at a hundred, easily.

5. leroy30

leroy30 New Member

Mug is right they have done most of the hard work for you if they already have the final idea of what they want and you just need to tidy it up and digitise it.

I'd go with $100 as well.

Otherwise a logo (including inventing ideas and concepting) I'd normally charge $250+ ($250 being the basic small-business start-up logo)

6. Modern_Media

Modern_Media New Member

There is NO absolute method for charging for design work. If you really must go by some sort of equation then I would suggest the following:

Technical Expertise = multiplier by 10 (on a scale of 1 to 10) for the hourly rate
    Number of Designs = multiplier by 1

Honestly, we charge $500 to several thousands of dollars depending on the client. Why?
    You are designing a ROYALTY FREE piece of artwork that will define a company.
    Keep in mind, our prices are lower than the larger agencies because we are a smaller operation with lower overhead...

Well designed logos create a sense of trust in a client. Trust in a brand allows you to charge more for your product and or services.
    Look at the Nike logo - does Nike produce better shoes? Proabably not but their BRAND demands a premium because we TRUST it.

7. helloworld

helloworld New Member

Good advice Modern_Media. I would recommend quoting for more than 1 hours work. Though, it is likely you will be able to complete the project in an hours time.. I would give yourself some breathing room for time spent going back and forth with the client or for changes they may have.

8. Modern_Media

Modern_Media New Member

Hourly Rate = $75.00 x 6 Hours x 1 design

You should expect to charge $450.00

This is what I meant to say when I put the equation together.

9. che09

che09 New Member

Charge them Hourly. Though,2 months is truly long enough for a Logo creation!

10. tomibraiste

tomibraiste New Member

I agree , thank you

11. robin84

robin84 New Member

2 months for one logo? That seems way to long, I can finish a logo in 3 or even in 1 day. I charge 5 to 20 dollars per logo.

clean teak furniture