How important is choosing the right domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaren47

Hi

Most people want their domain name to match their business name but they can be different. People come to your domain name when they find you, and they'll find you by your popularity, advertising, search engine traffic and direct links to your website. The important thing is to choose a good domain name and stick to it - you don't want to throw away the effort put into helping people find you.

Thanks

bloggerboy

So true. Although having a domain name that matches the business or targeted keywords makes it easier for publishers to boost their search engine ranking and get free traffic, it's not always worth it. In the quest to match a domain name with targeted keywords, many publishers forget the KISS rule of domain name creation - Keep It Short Stupid. A user would quickly forget a site like TopQualityWebDesignSolutions.*** versus something like ProWebSolutions.***

Last edited:

Janeuree

We have to invest with the Keywords that we are going to use. It would be helpful if the keywords are within the Domain Name. I find this very beneficial, as to my observation with search engine results. I was downloading an mp3 then, it was kind an annoying that a number of site with an mp3 word on it keeps appearing in the search result and mind you I find them not useful, yet they are on top.

mrandrei

Choose the right domain is as important as choosing your target keywords. Ideally, your domain name should contain your main keywords. It should also be catchy and easy to remember.

Goldstar

Banned
Choosing the right domain name really damn headache thing.You have to consider so many things while choosing the domain.Keep domain short and easy noticeable.Main thing is user must comeback after leaving from your site.If he/she want to come back.You site name should be easy,easy for free mouth advertisement also and direct links.If you want to build a domain for search engine than there should be keyword or keyword phrase in domain name.But it's somebody already might take.If you didn't find the domain you like don't worry be happy with what you get. Thanks

Regards,

tarfari3321

Hello Aaren,

Domain choosing really damn headache thing.You have to consider so many things while choosing the domain.Keep domain short and easy noticeable.Main thing is user must comeback after leaving from your site.If he/she want to come back.You site name should be easy,easy for free mouth advertisement also and direct links.If you want to build a domain for search engine than there should be keyword or keyword phrase in domain name.But it's somebody already might take.If you didn't find the domain you like don't worry be happy with what you get.

jasontn

Sometimes a domain name with keyphrases can help with SEO. However, it is only one of many factors. In addition, such a practice is not necessary.

bluecollar01

If your concerned about SEO, choose a domain with your targeted keywords in it. Also, separate them with a "-", i.e. www.keyword-location.com. The dash helps the search engines recognize multiple words.

If you are still concerned about branding, also purchase a domain name that matches your company and set it up with a 301 redirect to your website (don't use any domain masking). Hope this helps.

logosdesign

I think the domain name should be keyword and it should represent the nature of your business. by this way you can take advantage on both sides.. both for ranking and clients in physical market.. The client can easily understand your nature of business just by knowing your web name.! and if he finds attractive, he'll surely have a visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.