How frequently site content should be updated?

kristi99

Hi Friends

As I heard apart from link buildings and keywords, Google need content of site should be updated regularly.What is strategy for updated content?
Do we need to add extra pages? Extra pages can increase rank for existing pages? Do we need to add more content in existing pages after regular interval?
How frequently existing pages should be updated?
Please provide all advise related to updating content for site on regular interval.

Thanks

wade635

It is helpful to have regular content updates. Doing so in the form of a blog works well and will also help with marketing and publicity. Don't go updating every page in your website every week, it's not necessary and may do more harm than good. Only add extra pages if the content is of good quality. Remember content is king, so don't go adding more content unless it will really contribute to your site.

Nick

Yep, Google likes fresh content and it is true that you have to update it constantly. If you are blogging you have to right fresg posts for 3 times a week... but I agree that you have to be careful with this strategy

mrandrei

If you can update it everyday, why not? But weekly update would be enough. Google crawls pages that have new contents.

Isabela78

You should update the site as soon as the info is given to you, as far as updating the layout, it would not harm do redesign the complete things, you have done it with your own website with great success and mostly update it with unique content that is much important for google.

4folds

I'd recommend doing regular updates but don't kill yourself with it. Checking out your "search words and phrases" and "entry pages" in your site stats will give you an idea of what topics and pages people are finding on your site. Then, you should work on expanding that information.

Think about putting in "keywords" that are most effective from your stats littered around your site in a "good way". What I mean by that is don't spam it around your site. Put them in places that read well, and also can be found by the spiders. So, even something like your Copyright statement at the bottom can have it... "The content of this ________ (fill in the blank with keywords) is owned by ....". This way your keywords are on the site in a "real" way, but are not detracting from the content of your site.

shawnhenry

You can publish news article in your site so as to keep the content fresh. There are several free online articles that can be used to publish in your own site.

3dmagicaldesign

Nowadays, websites need as much dynamic as possible that's why I recommend to have a forum, blog, etc,

Write articles, post in forums, create profiles in social networking websites, exchange links, etc.

Every single strategy will help you. Add extra pages but insert good and related content on them.

If you can update your website daily that would be awesome. Right now I am in the middle of turning my website into a blog, I will keep doing posts and updates daily.