How do you handle charging for hosting multiple sites for a client?

cgl102770

I host about 20 sites for clients now, and charge $120 per site per year. Some clients want to get additional sites, ie, they have multiple businesses. One client at one point had 5 different legitimate business sites I was hosting, and charging $600 per year seemed a little steep, when he could move all of his sites over to his own account and pay around $10 a month. Granted, he would have to pay someone to do that, but in the long run it would be much cheaper than $600.

However, I think it's a little too cheap to charge $120 for hosting unlimited sites. I was thinking of the first site being $120, and any additional sites would be half price. Does this sound fair? These rates don't include any site editing/updates, it only includes unlimited email addresses.

Any feedback is appreciated!

krymson

mmm that's still a bit steep, if you add it like a maintenance package it would be worth it for them, otherwise like you said a switch to hostgator or something to that extent you're going to lose business and the thing about hostgator... cause I used to work for them, all they do is transfer one cpanel account and if all their stuff is in one cpanel then it all get moved for free... otherwise its like 10 bucks a pop which is nothing

HostColor

You just need to get a Reseller Hosting Accounts and to have access to cPanel's "Reseller Domain Panel". This will allow you to create Shared accounts with multi-domain capabilities for your customers.