How do you approach a backlink "partner"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenmtb

I have seen advice on this site saying you need to get backlinks.
Is there a polite way to request a backlink?
In other words can someone provide an example of how to approach a strange new website and request a link without coming across as a spammer?
Thanks

v2Media

Others may disagree, but IMO all link exchange emails are spam. Website owners have been so inundated with link exchange spam that even genuine, personally addressed emails requesting a link exchange are ignored.

My advice would be to select the top ten sites that you want to exchange links with and get to know each site's webmaster via other topics of conversation such as congratulating them on a great site, good content, or you found the site enjoyable.

After you've exchanges a few emails with the webmaster, then broach the topic of a link exchange.

My inbox gets spammed with hundreds of link exchange emails a day. I find them highly f'n annoying! The few that get past my link exchange spam filter are personally addressed but 9 times out of 10, the exchanger's site is COMPLETELY unrelated to the site they're asking for a link on.

kenmtb

excellent advice. You probably saved me a ton of frustration. I will be looking for good matching sites and I hate link spam also. I have just cleaned out a bunch of sites I was linked to that were questionable.

ishie

Just make your link request email more personal. Be direct to the point. Also make sure you're approaching a site that is relevant to yours.

dearali

Myself to have a hard time reaching webmasters even though i have genuine website with quality content. i think i need to follow v2Media.but some times its frustrating putting so much hard work for just getting a link that too not sure.\

[email protected]

Last edited:

webdesignperth

Link exchange can be a bit tricky. I too get tons of emails asking about link exchange and sometime can get annoying. I will have to agree with ishie, getting a backlink from a site relavant to your (preferably a good pagerank (3 or more)) would do the trick.

bcee

Others may disagree, but IMO all link exchange emails are spam. Website owners have been so inundated with link exchange spam that even genuine, personally addressed emails requesting a link exchange are ignored.

My advice would be to select the top ten sites that you want to exchange links with and get to know each site's webmaster via other topics of conversation such as congratulating them on a great site, good content, or you found the site enjoyable.

After you've exchanges a few emails with the webmaster, then broach the topic of a link exchange.

My inbox gets spammed with hundreds of link exchange emails a day. I find them highly f'n annoying! The few that get past my link exchange spam filter are personally addressed but 9 times out of 10, the exchanger's site is COMPLETELY unrelated to the site they're asking for a link on.

This is a first after reading tons of articles/books about SEO and link exchange and I think it's a great idea. I will have to try it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.