How do I 'pass along' a website I created?

crispy

Hi folks,

Pardon the newbie question but that's just what I am. A newbie. :)

Anyway, here's the thing: I created a website for a friend of a friend. They would like to start updating it come January, adding new pics to it, content, text, whatever. Basically, I'm wondering how I can 'pass on' the website to someone else (the friend of the friend). I don't have the time or inclination to do anything else with the website so ideally I'd like to just 'give' it to him and wash my hands of it kinda thing.

What are my options?

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!

Crispy :cool:

Jordin

I'm kind of a newbie too but I am pretty sure that you have to transfer the domain name of the website out of your name to the friend of a friend's name. This can cost around $30 to $100 in transfer fees.

After that you just have to get the friend of a friend to purchase a hosting account and then change the old host to the new hosting account that the friend of a friend purchased.

After this is completed your hands are washed and the friend of a friend will have complete control over everything.

soul2skin

well they need an account with a registrar to be able to transfer the domain,then they need hosting. They can then transfer the files to the new host account and then transfer the domain which is usually free!!! point the domain at the host and you will be free of any obligation. If they need a good host have them contact 64bithost.com and they will be able to help them with anything else as well.

jonweb2009

If you have not the bought the domain name and hosting, then give the source files(html, asp, images, php,or wotever) to your friend.

You can guide them for hosting.

If the site is currently hosted.

Just give the account details of the hosting company to your friend.

To transfer the domain name to your friend, you have to do a domain transfer that will start from 8$ depending upon the hosting company.

good luck