How Do I move up my adsense banner?

eGomes2107

I have the website header banner, then a space then my content area. I am trying to stick a Adsense banner in that space but when I added the code it pushed the page down and I have a pretty big gap between the website header banner to the adsense ad then the content element. I tried lowering the top header but it didnt get closer to the adsense banner, it just pushed everything down further.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
That'll be in your CSS, likely a margin setting. If you're scratching your head right now, just post a link so we can take a look at your code, and someone will tell you what to do.

eGomes2107

well its in weebly if that makes a difference.

i'll get the code later but i messed with it through the CSS code as well and nothing.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know too much about Weebly, but I would look at the CSS for the surrounding elements and see if there's a margin set on them. Also, there may be a margin set on the ad itself. If you post a link, I can take a look at your code and tell you more.

eGomes2107

I don't know too much about Weebly, but I would look at the CSS for the surrounding elements and see if there's a margin set on them. Also, there may be a margin set on the ad itself. If you post a link, I can take a look at your code and tell you more.

Hey thanks for helping, I have figured it out.....I went back into the CSS after speaking with you and figured it out. I removed the header but didnt remove the total code which left the margins in place. I am new to this haha.

I do have another question...I am trying to now place my navigation bar at the top of my screen. This is my CSS code..

Now, I was able to get it lined up at the top but I am having trouble with having my Home link showing. Let me know what you think I can do here to get a good nav bar.

thanks for the learning exp.

#navigation{
position: relative;
width: 940px;
height: 28px;
z-index: 2;
}

#navigation ul{
float: right;
}

#navigation li{
display: inline-block;