How do i get my graphics to grow with the page?

Mnemonic

Hello,

I am pretty proficient with asp .net 2.0, but design wise i lack a bit.. anyways, i'm trying to make my designs bottom, and the upper right side continue the design when the page is resized. I took little clips of the top right and bottom left, but i dont know how to make it repeat to look seamless...

to see what i mean, look at http://www.floofie.com

Thanks!

jmad

instead of using pxels to define the size of ur images try using percent's. might be what u looking for not sure though.....

Last edited:

kristi

OK, here's the deal

Yes, you can make it fit the entire page by using pecentages to define your table instead of exact pixel widths....but it makes the site more difficult to design because you have less control of the layout since the display will vary across many resolutions and you'll have to test in a variety of screen resolutions to assure the layout is not hosed. If you decide to go that method, you don't want to stretch your images so use repeating background-type images in the table cells that will expand.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, you can make it fit the entire page by using pecentages to define your table instead of exact pixel widths....but it makes the site more difficult to design because you have less control of the layout since the display will vary across many resolutions and you'll have to test in a variety of screen resolutions to assure the layout is not hosed. If you decide to go that method, you don't want to stretch your images so use repeating background-type images in the table cells that will expand.
exactly. it's quite simple really, but it can be time consuming.

alloydog

Stretching the background image using 100% for width & height also produces different reseluts for different browsers.

For a repeating pattern design you are better of using background-repeat set to background-repeat: repeat;.