How can the client manipulate their own site?

simbob

I have been asked to design a site for someone's business where by they can amend the content, i.e. photos and descriptions. They don't need to sell through it, just be able to update content. They buy and sell second hand machinery, so turnover is quick and can't call in the designer to change pages on a weekly basis.

I use DW CS3, is there some more basic software they can buy to do this? What's the simplest way to do it? I am not a programmer and my knowledge of PHP and mySql etc... is basic.

darrenfox

Wordpress can be an easy solution and it also allows for you to embed elements into a non blog site using the rss feeds.

SMG

Is a simple content management system not enough?
There are thousands of those free simple php scripts.

Feel free to contact me (dutch)

linztravis

Givng the client control over their site.

I notice a lot of clients asking for this ability lately. It seems that everyone wants the ability to control the content and data on their site.

Wordpress is an excellent solution and if you know a CSS you can do a lot more with the actual design of the site.

If you need more help with anything design related you can find it here:
www.newcreativedesignplus.com

I hope this helps! :)

"Creativity + Imagination=Appreciation"

Lindsay, NCD+

We use a CMS tool as simple to use as eating a sandwich (which is what people want now a day) this tool uses mysql but it is very simple to install. If you want I can sell you a copy of the one I have. We have made many upgrades to it and it allows you to upload images using an image manager which makes everything very simple for our customers.

Send me an email and I will give you access to one of the sites for demo. The price for the tool is $89.00 but then you can use this over and over in all of your clients.

Designed By Lucas

Last edited by a moderator: