How can I manage website content?

pgunston

Hi guys,

I have just completed building a website using HTML and CSS with Dreamweaver.

This website is for a charity and they are wanting to manage updates themselves.

I need to either convert the HTML files to a common CMS such as WordPress or Joomla to enable the ability for the client to self-manage their website. Is there an easy way to do this?

Alternatively, do you know of any good desktop software that will make management easy? I have a budget of $500.

Thanks.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Take a look at CushyCMS. You basically just drop a class areas you want editable, and it lets them update as needed.

There is no good one-click conversion for CMS templates that I'm aware of, though turning a static page into one isn't all that hard.

pgunston

Take a look at CushyCMS. You basically just drop a class areas you want editable, and it lets them update as needed.

There is no good one-click conversion for CMS templates that I'm aware of, though turning a static page into one isn't all that hard.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

helloworld

flat file php option

just watched the first half of the cushy video.. i don't like them having ftp access to EVERYTHING.. seems like a headache.

i've moved on to a custom cms recently, but have used "nuggetz" in the past and liked it. note: this is a 'flat file' system, which basically means it makes txt-like .nuggetz files instead of using a db.

super easy to install.. designer friendly. only issue i've had is that sometimes a client will paste from a word doc instead of cleaning the text first in notepad or something.. even though i think there's a "clean paste from word" button right in there.. and 's is sometimes turned into /'s and needs to be adjusted.

definitely worth checking out: http://www.nuggetz.co.uk/

oh, and its free

Last edited:

bbdginc

Web design software

Does adobe still make Contribute? You could log in directly to the website with that and make changes to html. You might check on that.