How can i get rid of the underline on links?

Bobble

Sorry newbie here! Sorry if in wrong forum!

Right, when i put text links in there is always an underline underneath it, i know how to change the colourwhen mouse goes over and pretty much know most things but this. And this is really inoying me!!

Please help!

Bobble!

DLPerry

In your sites stylesheet (style.css), the snippet copied below will add an underline only when a link is active or hovered (remove and/or change values to suit your site of course - the important part is in bold)

A:active { font-size: x-small; color: rgb(153,0,0); font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;}
A:link { font-size: x-small; color: rgb(0,0,0); font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none ;}
A:visited { font-size: x-small; color: rgb(114,114,114); font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none ;}
A:hover { font-size: x-small; color: rgb(153,0,0); font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;}

hth

--dlp

Goldstar

Banned
The following style definition in the <HEAD> of a page gives a coloured link that changes colour and becomes underlined only when moused over. As the "hover" attribute is not supported in Netscape 4 and below, users of those browsers will not see the rollover effect and will depend on the cursor visibly changing.

<style media="screen" type="text/css"> <!-- a: link { color: blue; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent } a: visited { color: red; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent } a: hover { color: yellow; text-decoration: underline; background-color: transparent } --> </style>

If you don't want the underline on hover, then change the definition to:

a: hover { color: yellow; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent }

Regards,

mrandrei

You can also try this. Put this in the head part of the document.

<style type="text/css">
<!--

a {text-decoration: none; }

-->
</style>

If you want to take the underline off just a few links, put this attribute into the a (link) tag.

style="text-decoration: none; "

JoomlaExpert

I am so lucky ending to this post. I happened to have the same problem and I tried this thing out and it went good. Thank you so much!

d a v e

In your sites stylesheet (style.css), the snippet copied below will add an underline only when a link is active or hovered (remove and/or change values to suit your site of course - the important part is in bold)

A:active { font-size: x-small; color: rgb(153,0,0); font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;}
A:link { font-size: x-small; color: rgb(0,0,0); font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none ;}
A:visited { font-size: x-small; color: rgb(114,114,114); font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none ;}
A:hover { font-size: x-small; color: rgb(153,0,0); font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;}

hth

--dlp

the order should be link, visited, hover, focus, active ;)

ishie

Follow this guide: dorward.me.uk/www/underline To remove the underline from links you need to use a stylesheet. It would be a very good idea to get to grips with CSS before continuing with this guide.