How can I edit a website that is already live, locally on a mac?

labSLAB

Hey,

I'm new to the forums. My name is Lizette.

I am trying to find a solution to edit a website that is already live locally on my mac.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on the best way to do this?

The original creator of the website created the website with .asp so does it matter what I use to edit it/how I edit it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Designer_Eddie

Hey,

I'm new to the forums. My name is Lizette.

I am trying to find a solution to edit a website that is already live locally on my mac.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on the best way to do this?

The original creator of the website created the website with .asp so does it matter what I use to edit it/how I edit it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Best way i know it to use dreamweaver and just change what you want to change in dreamweaver and then upload changes in the server

conor

no offense but i dont recomend using dreamweaver at all... don't like that program. I reccomend to open it with a text editor (ex. notepad) then save your changes, and upload them using a program called total commander (google it!)

adamblan

Regardless of what program you use to compose your html, the process is the same.

1. Download the pages you'd like to edit from the site server (filezilla is great for this)
2. Make changes in the editor of your choice (text editor or DW)
3. Upload the edited site back to the server

RAJO

Best way i know it to use ms frontpage and just change what you need to change in frontpage and then save changes in the server from frontpage........ and you done