hosting for beginners

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just exactly what kind of game are you running? First, you ask what kind of hosting you should use, then, you advertise your own hosting services. You're riding pretty close to getting banned.

Last edited:

Nullified

It depends on what you are trying to do. If you simply just want to learn html then you can do that on your home computer, but if you wish to utilize scripts or learn dynamic languages then you can probably find a free provider that allows that functionality (some require a simple ad or link to be placed on your site). If you're looking for a production style testing environment I would pay for services.

Danielle

Even for beginners i would recommend a cheap webhoster, it's pretty important you get a paid domainname and it doesn't cost a lot nowadays, so i would prefer secure web hosting above free web hosting.

WooServers

It will depend upon the sites you are hosting with. You cant expect to get all features in free hosting. So i will suggest begginners to have a low budget hosting.

Magmikuh

When selecting cheap website hosting, be sure that the web host provider is trustworthy. Try to ask around people about their perceptions on the web host company. What they can say about it?

sonja_k

I have been using python1.com and the prices are very affordable,websites always load fast and friendly support. I would highly recommend them.

jamesc

I've used paid host since I was a newbie. A shared hosting account on BH took me around $80 per year and I think that's find enough to start. I host all my sites (around 20) on that account and found no problem with the loading speed, the support, etc. so far.
I would recommend using paid host since it is much more reliable than a free one.

webreplicator

I have used free hosting before but the server was too slow, You can find very cheap hosting these days starting at like 3 to 5 dollars per month.

johnji

If you'r looking to get webhosting, i recommend you to get hostgator baby plan, or for Domain registration visit Godady, both really worked great! i personally used both since from last 5 years never Got any problem.. many thanks!

cwvps

Free web hosting is pretty unreliable. If you're an absolute beginner, you could start with shared hosting, but I recommend transferring to paid web hosting as soon as you can. There are many cheap plans with reliable hosting providers. Do a thorough research before you pay for anything.

chrishirst

Staff member
Free web hosting is pretty unreliable

It used to be, certainly, back when servers were very, very expensive, low powered things (when compared to today's technology) and were grossly "oversold" by operators. But in today's hosting environments, free ('free' as in free speech) shared hosting is more than adequate for personal websites, 'blogs' and 'hobby' sites.
However; ... If you rely on your site for business, then "free" hosting should be well down on your list of options.

Do a thorough research before you pay for
Absolutely yes, but do not rely on "hosting review websites" or "helpful articles" because they are mostly written by company "shills" rather than being completely impartial, genuine users of the services.

Present

It is a wrong perception, however, that cheap web hosts entail poor quality of services because there are really, indeed, reputable web host providers that are offering affordable or cheap web hosting packages.