Honest opinions on website please :)

StephanieCordray

It yells at me. I didn't get much beyond that because when a site yells at me I don't feel invited in. Bright yellow and bright green are not a good combination except in small doses.

Sorry to sound so negative but colors and combinations of colors engender emotional responses and that's how I FELT.

SiteExpress

I think the ads on each side are a bit much. They are so distracting, it is hard to concentrate on the content of the site.

missj040

I agree with 'StephanieCordray ' & 'SiteExpress'.

I would be happy in re-designing your site if you were to ever change it :)
PM me if your interested.

Vaelor

Ouch. Yeah, I very vehemently concur with the above. The color scheme began to literally give me a headache after just a few moments. The site layout is cluttered and difficult on the eye, and the four identical ad banners are pointless and not a good idea.

Vaelor

Heheh yeah... personally, the site hurt my eyes so much (no offense to the designer, if it's not a scam!) that I didn't even stay long enough to read the marketing copy... so if any of us have learned something about web marketing from this, scam or no, then it has its merit. =)

StephanieCordray

Vaelor said:
so if any of us have learned something about web marketing from this, scam or no, then it has its merit. =)

I concur. Knowing it's a scam and using it for web critique are two different ways of looking at a site... Personally I doubt Trader has been back since he plunked it here but there are a lot of people who will "drive by" and look at the reviews section... it's a good "bad example" to rip apart.

Vaelor

I gotta say though - and not that I encourage this behavior, but still - posting your site links up here for "appraisal/feedback" is actually an excellent way to get web traffic. For some reason, Ian's forums always index fast and rank high on the search engines - I know often a search for my company name sometimes pulls up hits for my forum posts here (it being in my sig) higher than my actual company websites! =P

Vaelor

Terrible, as in, terribly inefficient about making the most of it, or did you mean the opposite, "morally" terrible because you do it so well? =)

StephanieCordray

Vaelor said:
Terrible, as in, terribly inefficient about making the most of it, or did you mean the opposite, "morally" terrible because you do it so well? =)

Considering what you see in my sig, which one do you think it is? :p

I suppose if I spent a lot of time on a lot of forums I'd be more inclined to add links in the signature and all that but truth to tell, I frequent two forums. It would be a conflict of interests at the other board. As for this one, I don't know... some days I wonder if ian is going to get discouraged with the slow growth here, lack of page rank, and all that so I just keep waiting, lol.

Vaelor

Ahh, well, until you said that, I hadn't even clicked on your sig link, and the URL doesn't imply what its content is, so I didn't know if it were a commercial enterprise or not. =)

Still, if you're fundraising or trying to promote a cause you feel strongly about, it's still the same thing really - you're still making use of the publicity of this great forum to get your message across! =)

StephanieCordray

The link in my sig right now is a book that I'm a part of it... that is, i have a short story included in it. The proceeds are to go to disaster relief charities. I put that there because that's where you can get updates on when the book will be available... targeted for Nov 1 right now but I don't know if that's going to happen yet. I lost the thread where I was talking about it on here...... ummm.... i think i've mentioned several times on here how old I am... at least that I'm old if not giving an actual age, lol.