HomelessDream.com - on-line begging

leroy30

How do we know it's actually getting to the homeless person. Where's the live web cam feed from your chosen peoples?

I think you're just taking the proceeds?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks like a scam to me, just taking any donations and pocketing the money..
and this is different from giving a real beggar $ how?

maybe if once they've got $20 or something, give them a bottle of scotch. looks like richard could use it...

design is disastrous tho.

comic sans? come on!

even beggars know comic sans is no good.

Roddy

I don't want to rain on your parade but this raises some interesting questions and perhaps your website could provide the answers…

What would a homeless person use to create this site?
An iPhone with a solar charger and a copy of webr?
A wind powered iPad and htmlegg?

How would they get a hosting account and a domain name without an address?
Or a bank account to pay the fees?
How would they setup PayPal without a bank account and W-9 form?

And so on...

AsheSkyler

This looks like a page belonging to a webcomic about homeless people so the author won't feel guilty about asking for donations. A very bad webcomic that would attempt to be a gag-a-day strip with nonstop vulgarities, bad jokes, and made with WordPress. And a hooker character to get in the fanservice necessary to keep the fans that the vulgarities and bad jokes run off.

If this was backed by a legitimate charity that could verify that the proceeds were reaching the homeless, it MIGHT work. Until Comic Sans stamps that chance into the ground.

WillyZ

I would think that unless you keep detailed records in regards to where the money goes ... this could have some legal problems.

IMO ... bad idea for a site.

tywebmedia

I like

I actually like this website and the whole concept of it. I like that the website looks the way it does. Weather you're pocketing the $, or donating it to the homeless is irrelevant. Most people who ask for donations to support a cause, usually pocket it and/or use it as a tax write-off etc.

opensource

Where the money goes? It really goes to the beggars?
Maybe you should refer a designs from professionals and ask them
about input on what and how to. And i suggest you should coordinate
with organizations so that people will love to help you .