Hi all, complete novice, seeking advice.

businessmind

Hi everybody, i want to say i am a complete rookie at all this stuff. Wondering if anybody can lend me a few hints on where to get started. My goals are obviously to be able to build websites through coding and words press and stuff like that as well. And then get to the seo part of it all.

My questions are, where do i start? where did you start? Books? Classes? Mentors?

And given i m willing to give up hours a day to learn this stuff how long before i can make real good progress and build my own website and do successful seo on it?

cleverport

Hello

Hello Fellow Noivce. I am a novice too I started at W3 School that was a mistake for me. It just didn't cling. I almost gave up too, I look all over the web and everything was paid to learn but then I found

http://www.codeacademy.com

Code Academy is awasome they give you modules and you do them for some reason it makes it stick to my head it is another one of the things that is revolutionzing education. They claim their modules are somewhat similar to the type you find at Full Sail University Web Design Course and the Art Insitute.

Also they have Java, Html, Css, Python, and much more.

I would reccomend you first learn Html, and Css. for Html you don't need to fully understand everything just the basic things. CSS I advise you master. Afterwards learn Java and then take a break and work on those three things make test websites and write down your errors and what you need to improve it. Try to master these three important languages.

After that it is time to make your neice either Web Design or Web Programming. You can do both but It will be a lot harder. If you want to go into web design than you don't need to really learn any other languages *Please diasgree with my master coders if you think im right* you should buy Photoshop or Fireworks and Dreamweaver and start learning how to use them and make designs. if you want to go into programming you should start learning PHP, and other script languages.

For me I chose web programming side im currently been coding for 6 months learning CSS then I will learn Java and so forth.

Sorry for the horrible grammar had to write this fast!

Cheers mate!

P.S. you can start making money once you learn HTML,CSS,Java but not a lot of money because your inexperienced