Hey, new here.

frankfurtz

Hey everyone,
I'm new here and (as noobish as this sounds) need some help.
Well, first and foremost I'm a Photoshop guy, and can create a decent looking webpage in a matter of hours, but when it comes to working in the code, well... I can't really get past WYSIWYG editor, all my sites and up as cheap looking HTML pages.
So here's the questions:
1. How do I use PHP on my site and what systemshould I use?
2. Anyone know any free ad-free hosts that don't suck?
And finally, can anyone not overload my brain when they answer this like all the "easy" tutorials that i've become so lost in everytime I try to read them?
Thanks guys, The help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

ISDProductions

This was probaly the wrong section to post this messege (zero replies)
1. the only requirement to use php is that your server runs php (ask your host) and that you have a php page on your site.
2. Free ad host? Do you mean someone who will place ads on your site for free? Try google adsense. Yahoo is coming out with ads too (for the public that is), maybe check them out.

I have more info on adsense on some of my sites try:

http://www.google-this.org/google_adsense.html

http://www.technologytutorials.org/search_engine_optimization/Search_Engine_Optimization.html

stuluk28

Hey, although I'm still a learner myself (I don't think anyone could say they know everything) I've always found plain old google to be the best source for tutorials. It'll give links to phpbuilder.com / php.net / hotscripts.com etc.

Although the best thing is to already have an idea of what it is you're tying to achieve, that way you can enter more keywords and search specifically for that.

As for free hosting, I don't know any that are 'good' and that don't place adverts on your site. You'd be better off paying the £20 for the year and getting some 'real' web hosting. www.streamline.net are really reliable and have PHP ready installed! It'd be worth checking out their site!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
There used to be one or two that had very limited free web hosting without ads, but not aware of any that offer it now.
They need to place ads on the site to generate money to cover the cost of the service they provide.

ISDProductions

oh ad-free host heh... I'm not sure they exist anymore. Even with paid services like aol hometown they still throw ads on your site. I would try to find a freind that will donate some of there webspace, and just point your domain to a file in their host. Short of that I think you'll have to buy some hosting, or deal with the ads