Help

LilyCullen

Hey, so Im creating this new site and its my first one. I already have a domain name and a server. Actually my site is on the web, I just have to design it put all the link images and everything there before I can set it free. thats where I need help. I have no idea how to make my site look the way I want. i used a photoshop cs5 tutorial to do that but all I was able to get was a .jpeg picture of what my website should look like. I also have Dreamweaver cs4 but well its not really helping me right now. i think I might use it to manage my site but right now its not really useful. So i really really reeeeaaallllyyy need help to get this site going. I seriously know nothing about having my own website. So far all I ever had was blog you know where I didnt have to take care of all of that. I need someone to explain these things like, how do I get my site to look exactly like i want, how to create a forum on my site, how to make sure people are able to register to my site whit a username and things like that. Please help!!!!

Here's the .jpeg I made for my site ( at least I got that right). Its not exactly how I planned but I can work on it to show the subtle parts but for now thats it. Thanks.
siten1.jpg

ink-light

the background you design looks nice ....
But you need alot of think to build site like what you taking about ..
at leas you need to learn something about HTML and CSS ..both are very important to make any site ..
Dreamweaver can help alot in the beginning ..but don't count on it always ..
first think you have to do now is Slice you site in photoshop ..
1 . use slice tools to divide you site ()
2. after that from file menu select Save to Web devices ..and click save
from save dialog box you have to set slices list to "all user slices" if you have done the slice perfectly ..if you not leave it on "ALL Slices" then click save ..
and of course set Save as type to HTML and Images ..
after that edit your site in dreamweaver
last use this site will help you for learning HTML CSS..etc
http://www.w3schools.com/html

Last edited:

Matthew Wilson

I like the design, and I don't know exactly what you're asking.

I need someone to explain these things like, how do I get my site to look exactly like i want, how to create a forum on my site, how to make sure people are able to register to my site whit a username and things like that. Please help!!!!

Through that block of text, the questions I found were - How to create a forum and how to make people register.

What is your web host provider? - For People Sign-In and stuff.
If it's WordPress, it should be available (I use blogger, ask someone else or look at the trouble shooting)

How to add a form-
The best way is to add an embeddable forum to the HTML part of that "page."
Here's an excellent one I found and (my sister) use for her website -TheWilsonFamily

Here's the site that my sister uses to create an embeddable forum. The free version limits your categories - but the forum is mainly meant for quick and easy posting (you don't register)

If you want a registering, full-on-active site, I'd recommend vBulletin
Just make your website Forum.blahblah.com, and link vBulletin to there.
It's pretty customizable, but most people who are at least a bit tech-savvy see the vBulletin hints here and there.
If you could take that out, perfect.

leroy30

Um; pay a web designer to build your website?

Just as you would pay a builder to build your house :eek:)

Your best starting point to do it yourself is to start searching the web for HTML and webpage tutorials rather than signing up to forums asking for tuition!

Good luck though