Help!!

syntaxrob

I am new to the whole web design thing, and cant figure out where the hell to start. What is 'hosting' and things like domian name registering?

Can I design my page on Powerpoint, and then just upload it onto the web? Or do I have to encode things in wierd scrypts n stuff?

I am so overwhelmed, I dont wanna screw it up, can anyone help? Please?!!

Cheers guys,

Robbo

Hi Rob

I always inclide a glossary section with every web quotqation I provide. Send me your e-mail address and I will reply with the glossary section.

Hi Rob

I have just realised that we have not actually answered your question with regards to power point. Slides can be exported HTML but you have little control over the finished product. If you intend to be serious about web design I would advise that you move away from traditional Microsoft application and move towards a dedicated HTML authoring package.

W3C is the governing body for programming languages and offer free tutorials if you would like to get to grips with HTML. This is often advisable as most authoring packages (although now better than ever) will create code in their own way, an understanding of the out put 'source code' will allow you to get into the detail and find any bugs.

There are some fantastic books available, put up a post if you would like people to suggest any recommended reading.

Take care