Help with website design

alex.webster

Will anyone help me with my website that I am trying to do for my web class? I need to have my main site in the root directory as html pages but can use css javascript and php? I need to have a blog finished from what it is now? I had a guy working on it but never finished it, I've been emailing him and he hasn't emailed me back. Can someone post where I can go to get help or email me at [email protected] if you want to help me code it?

Durban Designer

If its for class - you probably should do it yourself.. But either way, you look like you're in need of urgent help. Why don't you post your work on an online website were we can then view it and then make suggestion?

Youcan use http://www.goldtree.co.za as your inspiration

anna

If its for class - you probably should do it yourself.. But either way, you look like you're in need of urgent help. Why don't you post your work on an online website were we can then view it and then make suggestion?

Youcan use http://www.goldtree.co.za as your inspiration

Shame, shame you lazy student. :) Code it yourself, how else will you learn? Use W3schools.com to help.

Nice self-promotion, Durban...

Last edited:

alex.webster

I am not a lazy student. What it is that i need help with is a php blog that uses mysql. I already got my project almost done.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
seems a bit like an unrealistic realworld situation to me, and I dont really understand why they teach it this way.

if I was to have a client come to me and ask for a blog, I certainly wouldnt waste my time in creating one from scratch. Thats what something like wordpress is for.

Perhaps (all) teachers should consider teaching relevant realworld concepts, uses and applications, as i'm sure "learning" how to do it from scratch is great, but from a workflow and economic standpoint its just not the way its done.

also, as everyone else has said though, its YOUR project, and YOU get the marks for it, so YOU really ought to do it yourself. Me? I'd download a copy of wordpress and set it up. Technically you'll still be using a php "blog" so you'll fit the brief, plus it would show you have a "realworld" understanding of the concept.

Fireproofgfx

I don't trust anyone with name.name as there username, might as well be spam.spammer... I am just saying! Next thing you know, you will see a rosetta stone link in their signature area lmao.... Not to mention sounds to good to be true. You would think he would be up to speed in the classes learning progression.