Help with Some Elements Of Web Design

huntereagle

Hey everybody,

I'm new here. I'm making my first website and it's for a transportation company. I've been supplied with Dreamweaver and Flash by that company. I wanted to make a flash website but couldn't really get around to doing it. I decided to use one of the templates included in dreamweaver. The website is looking pretty good but I need a little help. I don't know why, but when you click on any of the links to sub-pages on the main site the link opens in a new window, this can get a little annoying. Could anyone help me out with this?

Secondly, I wanted to put in a module which lets visitors (brokers) post information about available loads. I have no clue how to do this so if anyone would like to help me, please reply or PM me. Everyone's help is greatly appreciated.

StephanieCordray

for the links, open your pages up in dreamweaver, find the links and change how they open... you'll see that in properties at the bottom of the working window. it will say _blank which causes the links to open in new windows. You want it to say _self instead.

for the other, a web calendar might work if you need specific dates as well as what's available at a given time... it will really depend on how much information you might have at any one time.

huntereagle

Ok, thanks for the help with the links.

Now the second thing. All I would want people to post is where the load is from, where it's going, what's the weight, proposed price and the available date. Thanks for the help.

huntereagle

I have another question. I need to have a function implemented which lets the company VP to enter information about available trucks without going through the editing process and resending the website via FTP. I thought of a shoutbox but that enables all the site visitors to post in there. Any thoughts? Thank you.

StephanieCordray

that would work but you can still use webcalendar for the same thing... just have the admin (which is you) add users so they can input information as it comes in if shoutbox won't suit because it does let all visitors in.