Help With Logo

krymson

So... I do web design but when it comes to designing logos im brain dead. There is one rule that i like to tell myself, my family, and my clients... K.I.S.S.
(Keep It Simple Stupid) and i know a good simple logo is easier to remember than a complex logo plus it looks more elegant. So here is what i have come up with, and i fear im straying away from what I want so any help to ANYONE who can help me create a great logo, they will receive credit and a link on my web site and may refer to you if i need anymore logo work done for clients since this the really the ONLY field i suck in. Heres what i have but it reflects nothing on my company other than we're houston based. So im begging all you graphically endowed designers out there, help a brotha out.

Attachments

• logo1.jpg
    logo1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 84

notarypublic

You'd even be better with just the text. None of that skyline means anything to me, but I'm not in the area.. If you'll look at Nike, for example, the logo doesn't have anything to do with what they do. You can draw whatever connotations you want from the design of their swoop, and what makes it a good logo is that everyone can draw whatever conclusion they want. If you want a good logo image, take a 250x250 or 250x500 box and fit it all inside of that. If it's too busy or too much detail for that size space, it probably doesn't make a good logo.

leroy30

I agree with notary public. I think the text by itself makes a sharp logo... but that skyline is bothering me! ;)

che09

I like your logo. But,as what they said..it's better for the text. I'm not into skyline either! ;)

BMA

Banned
That text alone would barely count as a logo. The skyline is more memorable. Nike makes for an interesting example, but we should keep in mind the comparison between Nike's marketing budget and the normal small business. Is the Nike logo iconic because it is so good or because it is so prevalent?

If this is a strictly online company, that logo is good to go. If that logo is needed for more than websites, I'd suggest only a couple of changes. If they want business cards, make sure the logo looks good at business card sizes. You might find that you will need to shorten it. You may be able to do this by putting the word "Productions" under the skyline. Make sure it looks good with a white background, which may be the way they choose to do their letterhead. Make sure it can look good in a one color version. Fax cover sheets will only be able to convey the logo in one color. The company will also want to occasionally have the option of saving money and printing in one color on pens, mugs, clothing, etc.

The black and white website is definitely chic, but are you missing an opportunity for a mnemonic. The name of the company is Krymson, so could the logo be done with crimson?

Business Cards

You'd even be better with just the text. None of that skyline means anything to me, but I'm not in the area.. If you'll look at Nike, for example, the logo doesn't have anything to do with what they do. You can draw whatever connotations you want from the design of their swoop, and what makes it a good logo is that everyone can draw whatever conclusion they want. If you want a good logo image, take a 250x250 or 250x500 box and fit it all inside of that. If it's too busy or too much detail for that size space, it probably doesn't make a good logo.

I completely agree. Get rid of the image. Use only text.

the text and skyline is fine.. .imho.. . but you need to emphasize either one them to give it a more "direct" look.. .sort of speaking.. . :-D