help with jpeg html embedding

autorigin

Dont know if im on the right forum but here goes...

Has anybody got any idea how I can embed a sound file into back ground jpeg on website using photoshop cs2, I am using this file to upload onto www.autorigin.co.uk and need to keep the file as small as possible.

Artistically I know photoshop fairly well so go easy with your answer if it becomes 2 techy,lol

Last edited:

adamblan

PS is for image manipulation, not multimedia, so there's no way to do that...
Look for a javascript or flash mp3 player- but PLEASE don't embed music into your site...

jnjc

I am not a photoshop expert, but as far as I know you can't embed sound into a .jpg. The file format just doesn't support it.

voodish

PS is for image manipulation, not multimedia, so there's no way to do that...
Look for a javascript or flash mp3 player- but PLEASE don't embed music into your site...

*agrees*
It is a sure fire way of getting users to click away; if your going to use Music / Sound on a web page at least give the user choice to turn it off, ideally users should initiate the music and not have it onLoad.

A lot of users listen to music whilst on the net (I know I do) so when a webpage starts kicking out music I haven't requested, it will have me leaving the site quicker than you can say CTRL + W.

wetgravy

i agree with what has been said. don't add sound to a site unless it is 1.flash or 2.want to have alot of people not returning.

on a side note ... that background for your site is compressed way too much.

RAJO

To add sound as background music on your page, use the <embed src> tag. This tag has a few attributes to it.

1. The Embed tag: use your sample.mid in the hyperlink, but this time you will embed it.

<embed src="http://www.yoursitename.com/sample.mid">

2. Attributes of the Embed tag: Some of the attributes are as follows:

* volume="50%"---this adjusts the volume
* hidden="true'---True if you want it play, false to let user play it
* autostart="true"---true to automatically start, false to make the user click it
* loop="3"---loops the song number of times in brackets, or continuously if you enter true
* Height can also be used when allowing user control

3. Adding the Sound Code for example
<embed src="http://www.yoursitename.com/sample.mid" volume="30%" hidden="false" autostart="true height="100" loop="true">