Help with frontpage! Please!

AuraDesign

hey. I am helping someone with a website that has already been designed- I am merely instering links into a new page for the site. My trouble is the site was designed on frontpage ( which I have not used before, Ive been a dreamweaver girl!) and I am having alot of problems inserting the links without the page breaking up,. Apparantly this is because of the set widths and me trying to fit to much into a box. Does anyone know a way around this or a way to undo (or enlarge) the set widths?
Thanks guys.
Lianne x

StephanieCordray

If the page breaks up that must mean that there are graphics that need to fit together? That could be a problem when trying to add more than a cell can hold without changing the fit of the graphics.

You handle it much the same way you would through Dreamweaver with the table and cell properties. If you want to work at it from the cell level, right-click inside the problem cell, choose cell properties and it will bring up the settings window. Use the same method to work with the table properties.

SiteExpress

I work almost entirely with FrontPage. If you give me the address to the page, I will look it over and see what is happening for you.

AuraDesign

E-readers Link Page

This is the link to the page. I have managed to gid rid of white patches BUT I still cannot align the text links (in the center) as when I put them in the patches come up so I had to put them in all higgledy piggedly! God help me :()

Thanks
Lianne XXXXXXXX

AuraDesign

LOL Just looked at the page and you will see an example of the white patch on the left hand side of the page on the border.
X

StephanieCordray

I just looked at the source code for the site... there's a backgroudn image in the bottom left cell... you'll find if you use the cell property action that i described, set the height of that image to 100% and it will solve your problem. You can also find it in code view and do the same.

Look for this line: background-image:url('images/bottom_01.jpg')" height="346">&nbsp;</td>

It's pretty much at the bottom of the code, too.

AuraDesign

Hi
Thanks guys for your suggestions.
Stephanie, I tried what you said but when i did that the white cracks appeared again? I give up!!!

Lianne XXXXX

StephanieCordray

It's one of the drawbacks of using image slices as background images in table cells, unfortunately. It really doesn't matter what html editor you use. The problem will still be the same. Actually you can load a Frontpage web page in Dreamweaver if you are more comfortable with the workings of that program. Dreamweaver won't affect the code that is used to show the page in a browser.

All I can suggest is look at the images and find which are the offending ones and change the parameters of how those images fill those particular cells until it all fits again. Sorry I can't be of more help.

SiteExpress

OK, here is my opinion

You are using one table for the entire page. You have the cells of that table broken up into many "pieces" I would suggest you keep table cells as much intact as possible. Dont be afraid to put a table inside of another. If you would place a table inside column on the left, and then uses the rows of that table to place your images, it would solve your problem. Also, the background color of the "incriminating" cells is set to the blue color of your main background. If you have to use the page like it is, you can simply change the background color of those cells to hide the space.