Help with form scripts.

simonk

I have been building a site for someone and it needed to have a contact form. For some reason FormMail.pl didn't work right. So I used Formto Email.php instead. It seemed to work a couple of times, but then I just started getting a message that said "invalid email address". I think they are on GoDaddy, and I spoke to them and they said FormMail.pl won't work unless you use a true email, not one that has been forwarded to your inbox. I don't know what they have so that is why I switched to FormtoEmail. I would like to get either one to work.

In FormMail I altered the script to show my domain in the @refers line. I heard that you may need to change the line before that too. It looks like this

$mailprog = '/usr/lib/sendmail -i -t';

I think you are supposed to show the location of your servers sendmail, but I don't know how to do this. What do they mean by server? And do I need to do this to get it to work?

In FormtoEmail I just get "invalid email" as a response because I used an email associated to a domain, like [email protected]. When I use a regular one like [email protected] it works fine.

rooster

heres the script i used - pretty basic.

<form action="FormtoEmail.php" method="post" name="contactus"><label><b>Name:</b></label>

<input name="name" type="text" />

<p><label><b>Email:</b></label>

<input name="Email" type="text" />

<p><label><b>Comments:</b></label>

<textarea name="Comments" cols="50" rows="10">Type your questions or comments here.</textarea>

<p><label><b>How Did You Hear About Us?</b></label>

<select name="jumpMenu" id="jumpMenu" onchange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">

<option>Business Card</option>

<option>Vehicle Advertisement</option>

<option>Word Of Mouth</option>

<option>Google</option>

<option>Yahoo</option>

<option>Bing</option>

<option>Other - Please specify in comments</option>

</select>

<p>

<input name="submit" type="submit" value="Submit" /></form>

then edit the FormtoEmail.php and on the second or third line, make sure your valid email is there.
remember, in your contact form, in the form action at the top, FormtoEmail.php IS case sensitive.

also, make sure your contact form and your FormtoEmail.php file are in the same directory.
should work fine!
I have made alot of contact forms, so PM me if this still isnt working. if it does work, post here and let us know!

Last edited: