Help with dreamweaver

1mmy

I've changed over from Frontpage to Dreamweaver and have tried absolutely everything to upload my new site to my PWP. I've entered all the right information in the Manage Sites section including my FTP address i.e., ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk, including my login name and password, and i've tested the connection and it says its successfull. However, when i try to upload my site to my PWP using the 'Put' blue arrow, everything looks like its gone fine, but when i check my PWP its still the old site?

However, when i press 'Get' arrow, it gets all the information from my old PWP that i created in Frontpage and inserts it into Dreamweaver, so the connection is DEFINATELY ok??

Therefore does anybody have any ideas - cause i'm pulling my hair out here trying to find out whats going on - will probaby end up staying with Frontpage the way things are going with Dreamweaver - i thought Dreamweaver was supposed to be the be all and end all to web publishing.

Please be gentle as im new to all of this

Thanks

Joshua

Have you tried FTPing with a regular FTP client?

I've never used DW's built in one.

Last edited:

Artoonie

Look in the remote view. Often times there is a subfolder which frontpage may automatically put, but Dreamweaver doesn't.
For example, on my bravenet site, i need a subfolder inside my local site called "name.bravehost.com" in which i put all my files. Check your remote site to see if you need something like this.