help with creating a "calculate" form

onlinelupe

Hi! I'm trying to create a form that allows for a customer to enter information in boxes and then click Calculate to automatically populate the last box.

I need there to be the following info:

~Text Box for customer to enter Item #
~Text Box for customer to enter Item Description
~Text Box for customer to enter Item Price
~Text Box for customer to enter shipping cost (depending on if they want it shipped)
~Drop down box for customer to select either 3% or 0% (depending on whether they choose credit card payment or non-credit card payment)
~ Calculate Button that calculates Item Price + Shipping x the % chosen in the drop down box.
~ A Box showing the calculated total above when the customer clicks on the calculate button.

Can someone help me with this? I can't figure it out and all the calculator type forms I've found are loan calculators, which just messes up the calculation part.

Thanks!!
Christy

onlinelupe

Yeah, I spent hours last night googling javascript price calculator, html price calculator form, etc., and not finding anything for what I need. I'm very new to all of this and was hoping someone could help me out.
Anyone else able to help?
Thanks!!!
Christy

CH1LL1

Have a look on fiverr.com - there are bound to be some coders who can put one together - for a fiver!

CaldwellYSR

I'm not that great with javascript so I can't really tell you HOW to do it but I can tell you what you'll need. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'll need a function that will grab that values from the textbox for item price, shipping price, and the percentage. Then you take all those numbers and put them into a math function. You'll probably need an if function for if they have the 3% you do a little more math, otherwise you just add the prices.