Help with a couple beginner questions please.

Zoid

Ok, I have a couple quick questions and I would appreciate any help you guys can offer.

1) Should I bother learning HTML 4.0 or should I go right onto XHTML? I am already pretty comfortable with HTML, but need to work on tables and frames more.

2) CSS, CSS2.....is it a waste of time to learn CSS? Should I find a good book on CSS2 instead?

3) What would you say is everything you need to know to get a job as a web developer or designer?

Thanks in advance.

walkingbird

Froget about tables and frames they are pointless to learn. Learn XHTML 1.0 Transitional and css then if you want to move on to XHTML 1.0 strict.

I would learn html, css, javascirpt, actionscript, php and perl. But you can get some entry level jobs with css and html.

Zoid

Thanks for the reply.

So there are more useful things than tables to position images and other things on a page?

And frames DO seem like a bit more hassle than they are worth....

suz

Hi Zoid try searching for CSS templates, download one and take a look at how it works. I think it's the best way to get an idea how it's done. Good luck

newtech2008

about newtables

Froget about tables and frames they are pointless to learn. Learn XHTML 1.0 Transitional and css then if you want to move on to XHTML 1.0 strict.

I would learn html, css, javascirpt, actionscript, php and perl. But you can get some entry level jobs with css and html.

walkingbird

Zoid the css is the best way to position things on a page. Tables where never designed for layout they where designed for tabular data - using tables to layout pages is actually a hack.