Help - Web Design programs, schools, colleges, universities????

xelateca

Hello,

I am doing some research about web design careers as that is now my chosen career path. I would like to ask everyone for their recommendations on web design/development programs, schools, colleges, and/or universities.
I am currently earning my Associate's for web technologies and plan to transfer to another college/univ. to get my Bachelor's.

Also, what type of education did you receive if web design is your career? Were you self-taught, college, other?

What do you feel are the most important things to learn for pursuing a career in web design as far as languages, programs/applications, marketing, general advice or philosophy?
In other words, what would you have wanted to know that you didn't know before going down your chosen path?

Thanks so much for any insight, advice or help you feel comfortable giving!

voodish

Hi - I have a degree,

If I were you, I would create a web site with a very basic poll on, make the site quick and very easy to use. 5 points or less - make it in CSS and create a slick design to post it to CSS galleries.

Then generate extra traffic on forums (such as this) to your website - as long as there is a quick completion time, people will give you the data you require, otherwise.........