HELP - Slices appear one by one

ianbmoir

Hey guys, I’m not a web designer and not a very good graphic designer either. I’ve quickly thrown a website together as best as I can to promote (on the cheap) an event I’m organising.

I’m okay with the design and layout and I’ve figured out mostly everything else I needed, but there is one thing that’s got me p***ed off and stuck.

When you first enter the page, each of the slices (gifs) appear slowly, one by one, and it looks silly. Is there a way to have everything appear at once? I’ve been trying to ‘pre-load’ all the images, thinking that this would fix the issue, but maybe I’ve done the pre-load coding wrong, or pre-loading isn’t what I need to do to fix this issue. I looked up pre-load codes on the net and there seemed to be a few different ones I tried a few, the most recent one I’ve tried is still up on the page now… on later inspection it looks like I’ve probably done it wrong anyway, but I’m too confused to figure it out.

Here’s the webpage: http://www.riversidesessions.com/ maybe you can look at the source code to figure out what I’ve done wrong.

I know I’ve probably gone about the slices thing the wrong way and there’s probably meant to be way less slices, but as I said, I threw this together quickly as best I could with limited knowledge.

Please let me know how to fix this thing, and/or what I’ve messed up with my attempt at pre-loading images. Thanks guys

P.S. I’m doing a 1 year Web Development Diploma next year, so there is hope for me yet, I won’t always be an amateur.

Trevor

The answer is yes that can be done using AJAX, but it is not an entry level type thing, you will need a programmer to set that up most likely.

If the budget does not exist for that you may want to consider replacing all the gifs as jpegs, you may get a smaller file size and the load MIGHT be less noticable.