Help Please

suboc-1

I am new to web desighn and have built 2 drop down navigation menus. One using css and one using javascript. Both work fine on IE but IE asks for permission before showing the javascript one (the better of the 2). All its crap about harming your computer and such would probably deture the average viewer. My question is: is there a way to disable this so it shows the menu automatically without all the alerts. Although I doubt there is I decided to ask a few before turning to the css menu. :(:(:(

ahk2chan

I am not sure what exactly are the errors but usually it is client-based, which means you cannot stop that.

On the other hand, the advantage of using a CSS menu is that it can be properly crawled by search engine. If the JavaScript menu builds URL, then there is a chance that the search engine will not be able crawled those links.

horrorshow75

Are you testing these locally? IE will usually only complain about JS when trying to test locally and not from an actual web server.

By locally I mean a folder say on your desktop with your .html, .css, and .js file and you just double click the .html file to open in IE.