Help for an online class

nbj415

I am currently helping one of my professors administer an online course at our university. The course is on one of those learning management systems websites called desire2learn. The website has its own html editor so you can create the web pages for the course, or you can just paste in the html yourself. I know a little about web design and I have created some nice pages. The problem is that my professor insists on being able to edit the page after I post it and she uses the html editor which alters my html and messes up the page. Sometimes when she adds text to the page some of my tables begin to overlap and the layout gets thrown off. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm thinking that if my professor wants to continue altering the pages after I finish I should learn to create some nice pages using the html editor as well. Does anyone know of any websites that teach that, or how to create a nice website using limited html?

Snerdey

Yes, I also suggest Joomla but I'd use a template so it's designed already and just change the logo. Otherwise it will be a generic site. It's worth the extra $40 bucks or so.

Easy to config and once setup you can assign different users with their own levels / areas of editing so it can be controlled.