Help For a Newbie

Mark1280

ronald is correct in that its a case by case basis, and you choose the right tools for the job. that being said, html and css are your building blocks, so yes I would learn those two languages first...

Ok, I totally get the learn as you go moto, but that approch worries me as a beginner. My ultimite goal is to make a side job out of this. I want to have some level of confidence before I start asking clients for money to create a website for them. When I negotiate with my first clients I want to know that I can get the job done and not just hope I will figure it out as I go, ya know??I guess what I am saying is how many websites should I create before I try to make a side job out of it?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
you will need to learn html/css thats a given.

the rest is optional, although I'd be keen to add javascript to that list as well personally.

you could pick it up in a day or it could take you a decade. I cant tell you how many "sites" to build. just start! start with your friends and family. make some freebies. when you need to step up to the next level of learning than do so. you'll know when that is...

Mark1280

you will need to learn html/css thats a given.

the rest is optional, although I'd be keen to add javascript to that list as well personally.

you could pick it up in a day or it could take you a decade. I cant tell you how many "sites" to build. just start! start with your friends and family. make some freebies. when you need to step up to the next level of learning than do so. you'll know when that is...

That makes perfect sense! I have been so worried about learning how to ride a bike before I get on the bike, but the only way to really learn is to hop on and start peddling :D

Now I just need to figure out who I want to start a website for.