Help! (don't know where to start)

Lisa M.

Hi,

I am starting a new position soon and one of my responsibilities will be to update and maintain my boss' website. However, I need training. AND nobody in his office knows anything about it (it has not been updated for about 2 years) so this is something he is expecting me to "just get done"!! Can anyone suggest what classes I should take and what software I should learn! Basically, can someone tell me where I need to start and what I need to know before I start???? :eek:

Any help would be grreatly appreciated!!!!! :eek:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Some questions you need to ask.
Is the website an intranet website available only to employees or is it freely available on the internet?
What web design software do you have to update the website?
Where is the website hosted? You will need the ftp information in order to be able to do updates to the website.

StephanieCordray

Does your boss know you'll need training to be able to do the website? If so, he can't be expecting you to wave a wand and "get it done."

Ian gave you the best starting point. If the site hasn't been updated in about 2 years, it's going to take time to get that information if anybody even knows it after that amount of time. While you are getting that information you can use a search engine to find beginner tutorials in HTML. By the time you get the information you need to do anything on the website, you'll be ahead a bit with the tutorials.

Paul D2

Can Be Easy

all you need is dreamweaver 8 i first lernt with Microsoft office Frontpage
and its easy just make a page and keep trying you will get there :)

Good Luck and if you need Help Message ME
Ide be happy to help you

Paul