help desk form

javanoob17

Hello All,

Let me first start off by saying thank you for reviewing my post and any help you can give me towards my problem will be greatly appreciated. I am a total noob when it comes to web design. I am doing a group project where we need to create a website, on the website it needs some functionality to it. I thought a cool thing would be to create a form that would be on the local location site. It would auto populate to a database that would store the customers information but would send an email to the sites administrator that a new ticket has been generated. How would I go about doing this?

chrishirst

Staff member
How would I go about doing this?

Well you make a HTML document, with the defined form laid out in a suitable way for the type of data, you then need to have this data to be collected by a server side script when the form is submitted. This script then validates whatever data needs to be checked and validated prior to creating a suitable database query language routine that inserts or updates the data storage medium with the submitted data.