HELP!!!! CSS3 Gradient, IE Issues

MartyBoi

I had created an Background Image using CSS3, and let me say it looks great. But one problem, and no surprise, IE 9, 8, 7. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to get the same results as I has using CSS3?

Below is the code:
Code:
background-color: #0ae;
background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 0 100%, color-stop(.5, rgba(255, 255, 255, .2)), color-stop(.5, transparent), to(transparent));
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(255, 255, 255, .2) 50%, transparent 50%, transparent);
background-image: -o-linear-gradient(rgba(255, 255, 255, .2) 50%, transparent 50%, transparent);
background-image: linear-gradient(rgba(255, 255, 255, .2) 50%, transparent 50%, transparent);

-webkit-background-size: 50px 50px;
-moz-background-size: 50px 50px;
background-size: 50px 50px;

I am using Adobe Master Suite, so I have the right program....

Any help?

Thank you....

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
IE <10 + gradient = no

Either use a conditional comment with an image (or an IE CSS hack), or maybe you can get CSS3 PIE to work

CaldwellYSR

Typically I just set a solid color fallback for IE but shouldn't you be able to make an actual image and use that? So use the image first then go through the different prefixes (wish they'd get rid of that). I may be wrong here but that seems to me like it should work.