Hello World Design website redesign!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
whilst it does resize to mobile view the viewport isn't set which means zooming still functions and the responsive breakpoints stop working properly. its a little confusing. add this into the head.

HTML:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
also the masonry plugin you used for the portfolio (i'm assuming its masonry) can also resize with the media queries too, as there is some quite large elements in the mobile view, which IMO would work better smaller on the phone.

and like you said, the form styles. they are miniscule on the phone and unreadable...

leroy30

Very minimalist and 'web 2' but I like it.

I couldn't help but desire just a teeny bit of colour; not sure how you'd pull this off though without taking from the theme of the design.

The mouse rollover on the links would be nicer with a 0.2 second rollover I reckon. You can do it with css3 if you didn't already know.

"Contacts" feels like it should be "Contact"

What about a greyscale graphic to go with the text on the home page?

Keep it up,

Le-roy

helloworld

whilst it does resize to mobile view the viewport isn't set which means zooming still functions and the responsive breakpoints stop working properly. its a little confusing. add this into the head.
HTML:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
also the masonry plugin you used for the portfolio (i'm assuming its masonry) can also resize with the media queries too, as there is some quite large elements in the mobile view, which IMO would work better smaller on the phone.
^not masonry, but one of the many scripts based off of it now.. good eye.
^ thanks for the input, but i decided against this early on. i really liked the 1 column mobile layout. took my time with the queries on this.. made all the portfolio items full width to keep it simple on mobile.. if you're seeing something actually not working right, can you please be more specific?

The mouse rollover on the links would be nicer with a 0.2 second rollover I reckon. You can do it with css3 if you didn't already know.
"Contacts" feels like it should be "Contact"
Keep it up,
Le-roy

^nah to the navigation delay.. just personal preference
^contacts seemed more european sleek or whatever.. but you can't be the only one that thinks it looks off.. changed to contact

:) thanks for the feedback as always.. ill be making several other minor updates this week. http://helloworlddesignco.com

helloworld

thanks for all the great design feedback!

I like it... might want to change the contacts in your sitemap as well.

indeed i did.. anybody else have any comments? added a few tiny details..
only other thing planned so far is a jquery loading mask for the portfolio instead of the current 'fan out' animation

leroy30

I don't like the mouse hover on the links flipping to the dark grey. I think a smooth fade transition to a lighter link background or simply fading to a lighter or darker text would have a better effect.

Just my 2 cents