Header Problem/Floating divs

mwrob0123

Anyone care to take a crack at my header problem. In an effort to clean up some code, I must have deleted a CSS character...although I can't find it.

It occurred after I took the three content elements in the body of the page out of table and made them floating divs.

What ended up happening is my upper menu bar moved to the right revealing a "NEW HOME" link that shouldn't be there. This ending up also pushing some social media icons into the wrong position.

BTW, I am trying to get this site on its feet for a non-profit and did not code the original templates. I am also not an experienced programmer.

Here's the site:
http://174.121.46.122/~jobseeke/new-home

Brillig

Well, I don't know how it's supposed to look, but if you just delete that first li that has the "New Home" navigation, things seem to fall in to line.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you adjusted the page, because i do not see the "new home" link you are mentioning?

On a side note...you are overusing tags in your code. For example, there is not need to have a div called "container" wrapping another div called "content". Just use the margin/padding styles on the "container" and ditch the other one. Sames goes for the "primary" div. It contains a list. That list can be block level and you don't need the div at all.