Has anyone seen this?

krymson

I've got an app called flipboard on my phone. I was "flipping" through it looking at tech and web design news... I ran across this and wondered if anyone else had heard of it, seen it, had any experience with it. https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

I think it's Google's version of an IDX. I'm thinking about downloading it and giving it a go to see how it functions and how it outputs code. If anyone knows anything else about it share your knowledge.

Frank

I first read about it some three months ago. But upon visiting the site I got the impression that it is an image editor only, and one that heavily relies on HTML5 and CSS3. Of which especially the latter is poorly supported by IE9-.

And apart from tables, I do my coding 'in the rough' anyway. So for the time being, I'm gonna let it go.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm fairly certain it's a WYSIWYG, which makes me wonder what the hell the Googs is up to.

krymson

I'm fairly certain it's a WYSIWYG, which makes me wonder what the hell the Googs is up to.

I was thinking the same thing... I was thinking i would download it see how effective it is and if its going to be something that people in our community should be worried about with wanna-be's using this to create sites.

chrishirst

Staff member
It appeared mid/late 2013 and was pitched at creating "HTML5 advertisments and other web content", such as "interstitial pages" and mobile ads.