Has anyone seen this?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by krymson, Jun 23, 2014.

to remove all ads.
  1. krymson

krymson Member

I've got an app called flipboard on my phone. I was "flipping" through it looking at tech and web design news... I ran across this and wondered if anyone else had heard of it, seen it, had any experience with it. https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

I think it's Google's version of an IDX. I'm thinking about downloading it and giving it a go to see how it functions and how it outputs code. If anyone knows anything else about it share your knowledge.

2. Frank

Frank New Member

I first read about it some three months ago. But upon visiting the site I got the impression that it is an image editor only, and one that heavily relies on HTML5 and CSS3. Of which especially the latter is poorly supported by IE9-.

And apart from tables, I do my coding 'in the rough' anyway. So for the time being, I'm gonna let it go.

3. ronaldroe

ronaldroe Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm fairly certain it's a WYSIWYG, which makes me wonder what the hell the Googs is up to.

4. krymson

krymson Member

I was thinking the same thing... I was thinking i would download it see how effective it is and if its going to be something that people in our community should be worried about with wanna-be's using this to create sites.

5. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

It appeared mid/late 2013 and was pitched at creating "HTML5 advertisments and other web content", such as "interstitial pages" and mobile ads.