h3 tag

thosecars82

Hello
I wanted to ask you if h1, h2, ... html tags can be used in terms of SEO like this:

<h3>
<div class="classForH3HeadersInPageY">
example text
</div>
</h3>

My question is: I have always seen h1, h2,... tags used with text right inside of those tags. However, I do not know if placing the text inside of internal divs like the example above instead of directly inside of the h3 tag is good for SEO.
Any suggestion? I just thought that this approach I mentioned above might be no so good as placing the example text like this:
<h3>
example text
</h3>
However, sometimes if you have several pages on a site, you need to change the format of your h3 headers depending on the page and to do so I just came with the idea that placing div tags from different classes inside of the h3 would let me achieve what I said. Therefore, the class used for each div would depend on the page in which this header h3 is being used. But I wonder, does this solution has any inconvenient in terms of SEO?
Thanks

Last edited:

smalley.john

I am sure h3 tag would have almost the same value as a <b> or <strong> tag. I prefer to limit myself to H1 and H2 :)

BTW. why don't you use <h3 class=someclass> instead?

Bronzy

I think using <h3> is will be help you more than <b> or <strong>, however where it will good practice to use <h1> and <h2> more if possible.

mrandrei

When using h tags, make sure you use them logically.
H1 - One tag only per page (heading)
H2 - subheadings
h3 - sub-subheadings