Guys Review ME

adx

The page loads the 'for your own protection' message long before the rest of the page
shows up, which was a bit disconcerting to say the least, and it's also in the title.
You'd be better off leaving people in the dark about that, it didn't exactly make me want to download anything.
It's one of those things that makes people want to hit Escape!

Last edited:

webmasterdan

It's REALLY busy. I agree with adamblan. There's so much stuff that it's hard to do determine how to get anywhere. There's no real consistant layout.

The ad on the left has text displaying you can't see all of it.

The editor's pick needs to have much shortened descriptions that entice users to want to know more about the selling points and why it was picked.

Mr. B

A couple things in addition to what's been said. The site needs to be centered and it needs some organization and focus. A good design will lead the viewers eyes around, but here I don't know what I'm supposed to look at first.

flakeparadigm

This page looks rather busy, but the layout is nice. I also think the the left margin could use some more... margin. It does seem kind of odd how the page title is "For your own protection always check downloaded files for viruses, spyware, and malware" It is also weird that it says it when the page loads. Like has been said, it kind of scares people when that is the first thing that comes up. If you could simplify the design and add a little more space in between everything, it would probably be pretty nice.