guy, plz suggest what you dont like about my site?

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by flipperman, Feb 14, 2011.

to remove all ads.
  1. flipperman

flipperman New Member

Hi Great man here!
    plz suggest me what you dont like about the site in regard to color, background, design? This is my site scholarships for high school students , one more question, how the site interact to your eye when first visit it?

2. ronaldroe

ronaldroe Super Moderator Staff Member

The graphics are really low quality. Especially the scholarships4moms.net ad.

I'm not sure what the scales have to do with the site.

The round borders look good, but not the background that shows up behind them.

I'm not a fan of the font in the header, and your navigation isn't readily apparent.

That said, the underlying code isn't bad, though you might want to move your styles to an external stylesheet, and consolidate the stylesheets you do call.

It's good work, just fine details that need to be cleaned up.

3. che09

che09 New Member

Your site looks plain. The fonts doesn't look good. I believe you can do better!

4. leroy30

leroy30 New Member

When you hover the mouse over the advertisment it 'jumps' lol

5. Mug

Mug New Member

It does look like the site was set up purely so you could make money from advertising. You are better producing quality content and building up a community of people. Only when you are getting lots of traffic should you think about making money from it.

6. notarypublic

notarypublic New Member

The site appears to be down..

7. springmedia

springmedia New Member

The site is very simple and you seem to have an issue with the rollover on each page the following link redirects you to smiley central http://usbizdb.com/x/12775/1879/21508/scholarship/ not great.

You might want to reset your wordpress admin password as it looks like your page has already been hacked.

8. pos2011

pos2011 New Member

i think you should consider to make a horizontal top menu navigation. that really helps the visitors to browse thorough your site

9. zaricpp

zaricpp New Member

Add something in the left column, it looks to plain. Other than that, nice work.

10. d a v e

d a v e New Member

the picture of the girls is the only thing good about the site. start again

11. rwebber77

rwebber77 New Member

I have to agree with the majority here, not much I like about it. The fonts are not appropriate for a "scholarship" site, and you have no navigation. When a student finds your page, do you think they will just read everything and be satisfied? NO! A high school student looking for scholarships has a million questions (how do I apply? when is the deadline? who can apply? etc etc..) and wants them answered. My advice is to change that font, spruce up your header and figure out how to categorize your page of 9 paragraphs into something easy to navigate.

*Also, your corners are blue and the "jump" is interesting.