Greeting card website - critique please

Ghoste

Hi

After a few hard months I've got my website up and running and live.
Trouble is, I think I'm so close to the project that I can't look at it subjectively anymore.

http://www.littlestickcards.co.uk/

It's a real labour of love so I constantly want to improve it.
Bearing in mind my self-taught knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver, can anyone offer some constructive (and kind!) criticism?
So far the only comment I've received is "doesnt look professional enough", which is a hard one to address.
I also know that I have to head get my head around CSS next...
The main aim of the site is to be clear, simple, and easy to use.

Thanks for looking

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the site looks quite professional. I like the design and colors.
Perhaps a second color in addition to the yellow, would spice things up a bit and make it look a little less bland. Also perhaps consider adding a picture of a stick card on the front page. And rewrite the wording, to make it sound more professional.
This page http://www.littlestickcards.co.uk/occasions.htm did not load correctly, had a lot of strange text at the top.

Ghoste

ian said:
I think the site looks quite professional. I like the design and colors.
Perhaps a second color in addition to the yellow, would spice things up a bit and make it look a little less bland. Also perhaps consider adding a picture of a stick card on the front page. And rewrite the wording, to make it sound more professional.
This page http://www.littlestickcards.co.uk/occasions.htm did not load correctly, had a lot of strange text at the top.

Thanks for the quick reply. All feedback is appreciated.
Yes, I agree I need to reword it slightly, now that the excitement and novelty has worn off! And photos of the actual product will be coming soon.
I'm not sure why the page you're looking at wont load, it seems ok from this end, but I'll take another look.
Another colour will be also be added soon - however, as a result of my colour blindness, I'm relying on someone else to pick that for me!!

Anyone else have any thoughts..? :)

artchastudio

Hello , littlestick..

You ask for it (for your own good) I would like to give my opinion (as someone who needs unique card) honestly..

Are you ready? Do you get yourself a tissue? Nah,.. joking!

I myself love drawing and making illutrations. And when I see your work, my heart completely stopped. They are awsome stuffs! I love your drawing (I assume all your works) Very unique, and clean, and cute, and .. just love them. I don't think you will have trouble to sell those cards.

Wait, I'll get to your site design in a minute, let me drink my coffee first..
aaah...... 2.34 am in australia.

Ok,.. where were we? Oyea..
As you said, you teach yourself to make a webpage, bravo! and you said " The main aim of the site is to be clear, simple, and easy to use

Which is just the way i find it when browsing your site. Bravo..

No I don't see any problem with your site, all you have to do is keep teaking, try and error method is the way.

next time you (need to ) edit your site, bear in mind:
DESIGN AND USABILITY.

DESIGN
You have a strong unique product and artistic, why not using your style of drawing to create overall layout design of your site. For example, instead of using 'torn paper images' use your drawing box or sumthing - then you scan it.

Remember Simple is Plenty (if you do it properly)

I know your love your dog, but put that in your diary page. Put your 3 categories of your cards in frontpage Which clickable to the main directory main of that card. For ex. if you click on chicken, you will be presented all of chicken collection page. So far... do be afraid, be free...with your clever imagination...

USABILITY:
Make everything organise, colour, images and font properly.
Don't be affraid if you only have 3 pages on your site. Make me as a buyer want to buy your cards.

Create your site based on this answers
Why would I buy from you?
Where is the info that makes me so sure that I hand over my money to you safely?
When do I get my product after payment? Guaranteed? Return policy?
I'm a buyer from the antartica do you sell to me? (Provides area you are selling and currency)

Basically put yourelf in buyer's shoes.

(Coffeeslurpssss.....)

I know, what I write here is NOT what you are about, but who knows, you cards business becomes BIG and worth and you've got nothing to loose to know, you know...

Sorry, if you find any of mywords 'rude or whatever' - to be honest I love your cards. I believe you will get better and better...
Good luck with your site ..

Peace :)
Chachee

Last edited by a moderator: