google local listing

brpcraig

Signing up for it is easy, verification is a little bit harder. You need a valid address where they can send you a verification code.

Danielnash

Hi all,

thanks for your valuable reply, but here question is that

dear my site in position of google local search is 108, but i want it must be top 5 position on local search, what can i do for getting top 5 local listing.

and what activity can i do for getting top 5, please tell me.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
First, create a set of keyword phrases that pertain to the content on your site I would choose phrases that have a decent amount of search volume and a low advertiser competition.

Then your have two choices:

Natural search (more challenging method)
Optimize you website for those phrases through the use of anchor text, headings, titles, and body content.

Paid Positions (easy method)
Bid for the keywords phrases and pay to be in the top positions. With this method you will be listed in either the "Sponsored Links" area or on the right side.

mrandrei

BTW, you can also create multiple Google Local Business listings as long as you have multiple physical business locations for your business. Nice huh?

andrewcy2004

you can list your local business and start getting some exposure through search engine. when somebody goes on google for instance to search for a keyword term, a list of local pages show somewhere underneath the three top ranked sites and show the local businesses matching the user's location and search term. if your site is well optimized and completed you have good chance to show in the list of top 10.

LouTheDesigner

I do this with clients all the time. Here's something you should know. Google's local business listings are ranked based on the amount of content you include with a listing. Adding pictures to your listing is great for SEO. Same for videos and reviews -- but I've noticed that pictures have helped my client's sites so much more.

orangecopper

Simple

Steps to get your business added to local business

1. Go to http://www.google.com/local/add
2. Sign in with your Google Account (if you don’t have a Google Account yet, start by creating one).
3. Click “Add new business” once you’re logged in, and add your basic business details as you’d like them to appear.
4. The map on the left will zoom into your location as you type in your address. You can move the marker if our best guess isn’t quite right.
5. Write a business description that emphasizes the qualities that make your business unique.
6. Select the listing to claim, or add a new one (if your business doesn’t match any listings, skip to Step 9.)
7. From the list of options, click the “Claim Listing” button next to the one that’s most similar to your business.
8. If your business isn’t there, click the “Add Listing” button at the bottom to create a new listing. Note: In the list of close matches, if the business name on a given listing is wrong but the address is right, click “Claim Listing” and Google Maps will use your preferred name. However, if the address is wrong and you can’t receive mail sent to that address, you won’t be able to verify your claim. In that case, you should click “Add Listing” at the bottom of the list to create a new listing.
9. Add details to help your business stand out.
10. Select from the category listings that appear as you type.
11. Add your hours of operation — this is useful info for repeat and potential customers alike.
12. Add an image to help your listing stand out in Google Maps search results. You can use both snapshots and logos.
13. If you have videos on YouTube, you can place them directly in your listing.
14. You can also add relevant info that doesn’t fit anywhere else, such as delivery zone, house specialties, return policy, or whatever else you’d like to share.
15. Verify your listing, by phone if possible. If you have easy access to the phone number on your listing, choose phone verification. Google will call you and, once you enter a PIN, your listing will immediately be verified.
16. If you aren’t near the phone or have a voicemail system, choose postcard verification. Google will send you a card with a PIN for you to enter before mailing it back.

So isnt that easy To get your Business Listed in Google Maps, or google Local Business Center or Google

Thats it.

Also this Blog can give you more inside on Local SEO : LocalSEO1.com

Cheers
Joshu